WHAT MADE US FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?


Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Break from Taxi Operators, '29 Day Giving Challenge', And Heritage Day Celebrations

* The relative peace and quiet in the taxi industry, notwithstanding the fact that
the BRT transport system is now almost a month in existence.
At the launch of this bus system we had feared for the worst. There were rumours flying of a week-long strike by the taxi operators etc, etc.
In the end this strike never happened. We were spared the disruption and inconvenience.
And credit must go to the taxi operators themselves. They allowed sanity to prevail.
Big 'ups' to our taxi guys.


* Getting to hear about something called THE 29 DAY GIVING CHALLENGE. I read about this challenge in a link I received from Ms Jeanette Maw(www.goodvibecoach.com). Jeanette is a Law of Attraction teacher.
This challenge is about encouraging people to get into the habit of giving. Each participant is urged to give at least one gift per day for 29 consecutive days. And these gifts do not have to be all material things. One can give a friend words of encouragement, for example. Or you can give your time to a charity.
It is hoped that after 29 days one will have fully experienced the joys and rewards of 'giving' and therefore continue with the practice beyond the 29 days.
From a personal experience, I can vouch for the benefits of giving. On some days I would be left short from giving; even be tempted to stop the practice. But I never stopped.
When I look back now at how fortunate I have been in my life in some instances, I cannot help but feel that the Universe blessed me in return.
For more information on the 29 Day Giving Challenge you can visit www.29gifts.org


* A Heritage Celebration at work that was full of pomp, colour and culture.
24th September is a holiday known as Heritage Day here in South Africa. On this day all Mzansi citizens are urged to celebrate their different cultures.
At my workplace we decided to celebrate this day the next working day - Friday 25th September. We all came to work dressed in our traditional attire.
Some of my colleagues looked awesome. To the following few I doff my hat:

a) "Bessie Mnisi - in your Zulu gear - you were pretty and colourful my sister. You looked like a Zulu princess. Which you are."

b) "Sibusiso Cindi - in your Sesotho hat( mokorotlo) and Sesotho blanket - you 'represented' my brother. You reminded me of my 2nd home-Lesotho."

c) "Mahommed Jacobs - in your Islamic all white - you were like the Imam
himself. You looked holy and ready to fly off to heaven there and then."

And to all those that made an effort to dress up but I did not mention,  you guys also looked great.



THANK YOU UNIVERSE. THANK YOU FOR OUR 'FEEL GOOD MOMENTS'.


===============================


Our FEEL GOOD poem of the week:

An Industry We Need
_________________

It's an industry we need.
An industry we want.
It's our industry.
The taxi industry.
It's a cog in our economy.
It ferries the workforce to and fro.
It's a livelyhood for thousands.
It's an industry we need.
An industry we can't do without.
The 'Zola Budds'.
The 'scufftins'.
The 'Nyathis'.
We need them all.
It's an industry we have come to love.
An industry with colourful players.
Without bo-mshayeli.
Bo-queue marshall.
Bo-mnikazi.
This is an industry of industries.
Our taxi industry.


=================================


SO, SOUTH AFRICA AND THE WORLD OUT THERE, WHAT MADE YOU

FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?

Let us know at - feelgoodmovement@gmail.com
======================================



No comments: