WHAT MADE US FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?


Sunday, April 25, 2010

Great Help from the People of Orlando East And KAYA FM's 'Line Up' Revamp

* The realization that one can never get completely lost while visiting Orlando East.Orlando East(O/E) is one the oldest areas of the bigger Soweto township.
Last Saturday I decided to take a chance in trying to find a place(Pinkies Bakery) located in O/E.I did not have the exact address of the bakery.All I knew was that it was somewhere in Orlando East.I needed to urgently dropp off some FGM t-shirts at this particular bakery.
Under normal circumstances I would not have attempted this 'finding' for fear of not succeeding.But
we have an FGM Ts target(47 Mill) to meet.There is no time, or opportunity,to waste.So I went.

Enquiries about the whereabouts of Pinkies Bakery at the Bara Taxi rank did not yield much.At this stage I could have still turned back.But I decided to soldier on.It was better to give up after having been to Orlando East itself.
As if picking up on my positive mindset about finding my place,I got my first clue while in the taxi to O/E from the Bara Taxi rank.A gentleman fellow passenger said that he has never heard Pinkies Bakery but the best he can do for me is to show me where to get off in order ask around.This would be an area with a lot of shops.Atleast one of the shop assistants would know where Pinkies Bakery was.His line of reasoning made perfect sense.I thanked this gentleman as I got off at his suggested
bustop.It was at the first circle along the main taxi route going into O/E from Bara.
But almost every shop assistant there,plus the shoppers,had never heard of Pinkies Bakery.My heart was starting to sink.I then decided to ask for the whereabouts of any bakery in Orlando East.My thinking was that a bakery would atleast know about the competition in the area.
On my way to this other bakery I passed a house with a small hand-written sign outside that said 'Re etsa Likuku'.I decided to rather go in there and ask,instead of going all the way to that other pointed out bakery.This house turned out to be a home-based bakery of sorts.It was owned by a lady called Lindi.And Ausi Lindi knew exactly where Pinkies Bakery was.She said it was behind a TOTAL garage(filling station) further back along the very same taxi route we had used to come into O/E.
And indeed this is where I found Pinkies Bakery.
I was overjoyed.My 'stab' in the dark had payed off.It did take some perseverence on my part though,which was matched, ofcourse,by the great,great help from the people of Orlando East.

"Thanks to all of you Orlando East citizens I happened to ask for directions.
Much appreciated bo-mme le bo-ntate."



* The recent changes in Kaya FM's line that threw up some nice surprises.Kaya FM is one of the regional radio stations broadcasting to the Johannesburg area.
Firstly,my favourite programme on Kaya FM - Nicky B's "WORLD SHOW" - has been moved to a more accessible slot of 6 to 10pm(from the previous 10pm-1am slot).In this show we travel the world musically,including music from our own African continent.
Secondly,some of the newly introduced shows are proving to be good.For example,the new sports oriented show from 3pm to 5pm hosted by Jeff Moloi.Besides the 'sports and music' content of this show, I love how sometimes it becomes a 'free for all'.The news reader, the traffic lady and sports bulletin guys all chip in on whatever sport topic is being discussed.This team seems to be having such fun.
Thirdly,some old hands in the radio broadcasting field - like bo-Bob Mabena - have been brought back.He is on, on weekends, between 2pm amd 6pm.
Finally,I am loving how jazzish the music has become on Sundays.Sunday is definitely the day to stay tuned to Kaya FM all day.The music on this day is totally out there.


=============================


THANK YOU UNIVERSE.THANK YOU FOR OUR 'FEEL GOOD MOMENTS'.


================================

Our FEEL GOOD poem of the week:


Ke Orlando
___________

Ke Orlando yeo.
Orlando ya Mabacabaca.
Orlando ya the revamped Orlando stadium.
Ke Orlando.
Orlando ya bo-Mandela.
Ya bo-Tutu.
Ya helpful inhabitants.
Ke Orlando ya bo-Ausi Lindi.
Bo-Ausi Pinkie.
Pinky of Pinkies Bakery.
Ke Orlando.
Ke Orlando yeo.
Do visit sometime.


=========================================


SO,SOUTH AFRICA AND THE WORLD OUT THERE,WHAT MADE YOU

FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?

Let us know at - feelgoodmovement@gmail.com
=====================================
Learn the Exact Formula
To Achieve Any Financial Goal
With Mathematical Certainty
From the gurus featured in "The Secret"

=====================================







No comments: