WHAT MADE US FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?


Sunday, July 28, 2013

The DREAMS DO COME TRUE Tour - Part 19, Reasoma High ( Grade 10s), Protea North

   In football( or soccer) they call it lack of match fitness. 
This is when a player exhibits rustiness when playing in a competitive match, after not having played in such a game in a long time. The player will seem out of touch during the game. When in possession he may not anticipate his fellow players' moves into empty spaces. If he is a striker, he may shoot way over the bar when attempting to score.
   The solution to this malaise is that the player must get more game time. He must play more competitive matches.
   During this DDCT Talk to the Reasoma High Grade 10 students I felt like a player who lacked match fitness. Even though I have done quite a few of these motivational talks already, I was nervous in places. I did not flow the way I wanted to during this talk. This Grade 10 group was not even that big as to appear intimidating. It was only one class ( out of a possible three).
   In trying to find the reason for my unsteadiness in this instance, I surmised that it must be due to the fact that I had not done a DDCT Talk in a longish time. The last time I gave this talk was about two and half months ago( at the same school incidentally, to the Grade 12 students). Like a player who lacks match fitness, I had become rusty from not having spoken in front of a live audience in a long time.
   I needed to get more game time, I concluded. I must grab the opportunities to give DDCT Talks whenever and wherever they present themselves.

                                                      SOME THANK YOUs

Ntate Mathetsa( the HOD) - for arranging this talk. 
This Grade 10 students group - for hearing me out.

                                            =========================


THANK YOU UNIVERSE. THANK YOU FOR OUR 'FEEL GOOD MOMENTS'.

                                                 ===================

SO, SOUTH AFRICA AND THE WORLD OUT THERE, WHAT MADE YOU FEEL
GOOD THIS WEEK?
                      






  

         
           

No comments: