WHAT MADE US FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?


Friday, February 21, 2014

Standard Bank, Southgate mall. The DDCT Tour, Part 35 - Challenges of a Mixed Audience

   A public speaker here in South Africa at some stage will have to address an audience made up of people from other races in addition to one's own. And because of our country's recent past, this situation adds to the pressure while up there.
   Yours truly so far has been giving these motivational talks( DDCT) to mostly African audiences. And it has been relatively easy to do so because I was speaking to my own kind, so to speak.
   At this Standard bank branch, however, it was a true rainbow nation of staff members. Africans, Indians, Coloureds( of mixed ancestry) and whites were all in the house. In facing such a mixed grouping, I automatically felt an immediate need to do well.  
   And to deal with this added pressure, I  kept telling myself - before the talk started - that if indeed I have done my homework( i.e. I know my material, I have had a good night's sleep etc), I will come across well. Then, it won't matter to the audience if the speaker is African, Coloured, White or Indian. They will be happy because the speaker has delivered.
And I think the audience was in today's case.

                                                      SOME THANK YOU's 
- Mr Robert Thomson( the Manager) - For giving the go ahead.
- Ausi Farida - For organizing the logistics for this talk, and for those kind pre-talk and post-talk words. For buying a copy of our book(Feeling Good), as well.
- Standard bank staff - For that rousing welcoming applause before the talk commenced.

                                                       ===================

Our FEEL GOOD quote of the week:

"It has been my experience that there is one constant underlying
force that is ever-present regardless of status, background or situation.
For me this force explains human existence and all its limitations of
hopelessness and outstanding success: a persons's attitude or, to put 
it another way, the quality of the inner voice."

Jack Black( from the book - MINDSTORE)

                                                 ====================

THANK YOU UNIVERSE. THANK YOU FOR OUR 'FEEL GOOD MOMENTS'.

                                                  ===================

SO, SOUTH AFRICA AND THE WORLD OUT THERE, WHAT MADE YOU 

FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?    
          

                              

No comments: