WHAT MADE US FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?


Thursday, March 12, 2009

Johannesburg Given Credit, A Rising Star, And Emails from bo-Londiwe

* A foreigner weighing in about our city of Johannesburg. His name is Jeremy Clarkson. He is a well-known motoring journalist form the U K.
MR Clarkson wrote a piece for U K's SUNDAY TIMES newspaper entitled "You will get your peace in Jo'burg." This article was in turn reprinted by our local TIMES( 05/03/09) newspaper.
In this article Clarkson was basically saying that, relatively speaking, Jo'burg is not as dangerous as it is made out to be. He has been visiting our city on and off for the past 3 years. And during this period he has never once been mugged, hijacked or even been ''killed''. All this talk about Jo'burg being one of the most violent cities in the world is hogwash, he wrote.
It was refreshing to hear a foreign visitor being so positive about our city. Admittedly Jo'burg does have its challenges with regards to crime. But it is still one of the best places to live in, in the world, I reckon. The vibe and energy of this place cannot be beaten.
I will leave the final on Jo'burg to Mr Clarkson:

"And so, if you are thinking about going to the ( FIFA) World
Cup next year, don't hesitate. The exchange rate's good, the food
is superb, the weather's lovely and , thanks to some serious economic
self-sacrifice, Kruger( Park) is still full of animals."

Awe, Jeremy.


* Congratulations are in order to our Ms Ilse Smuts. She is FNB's head of marketing ( core banking solutions), and has just won a Marketing Excellence Award in the Rising Star category. She won this award jointly with Ms Monique Ethelson of the company - redespresso.
A rising star is basically someone to watch; someone for the future.
Ms Ilse Smuts was asked what product( other than her own) would she like to
market .And she answered: "Positivity."
I loved hearing this from Ms Smuts. The spreading of positivity is what the
Feel Good Movement is all about.


* The colleagues of Londiwe seemed to have made her feel good this week, if
the email she sent us is anything to go by. In her own words:

"I have been feeling good this whole week. There is no particular reason.
It is just one of those very rare occasions when life is good.
Also, working with wonderful people could be the cause. For example,
Sbusiso and Nathi - the smooth operators of the branch - always charm me.
This is not to forget ubhuti wase Durban - Nhlanhla .What about Gaddafi?
His singing is horrible, but I simply love it.
Bo-mysister too. Valentine,you must stop watching "Ifa Lakamthethwa". It will
affect your sense of style my sister. Linda for always having something to say.
Now I can do the "corporate", thanks to Hlengs and Lesego.
Fourways - my former branch - was great too. I still miss you guys.
Friday sessions are not the same any more, phela you guys were the
only cockroaches in my cupboard. I still love you. Thinking about you
makes me smile."

VIVA to the people that you work with Londiwe! VIVA!



THANK YOU UNIVERSE. THANK YOU FOR OUR 'FEEL GOOD MOMENTS'.

=================================

Our FEEL GOOD poem of the week:


Where I Come From
_________________


I come from Emjepa.
From Emjondolo.
I come from Ejozi.
From Gauteng 2000.
Where I come from.
I come from a city of fast life.
A city of 'Zola Budds'.
I come from the city of gold.
A city of opportunities.
A city that draws people by their thousands.
A city where dreams come true.
I come from a city of Africa.
Harare, Maputo, Kinshasa and Abuja.
They are all here.
They are all here to make it.
This is Jo'burg.
This is my city.
This is where I am from.
Jo'burg, my Jo'burg.

=========================================


SO, SOUTH AFRICA AND THE WORLD OUT THERE, WHAT MADE YOU

FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?

Let us know at - feelgoodmovement@gmail.com
=====================================

No comments: