WHAT MADE US FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?


Friday, April 10, 2009

NPA Decision Freeing, Good News Revolution, And Getting Our Corporate Attire

* The decision by the National Prosecution Authority( NPA) to drop the charges against Mr Jacob Zuma bringing some normalcy back into our lives. The wait for the NPA to make this announcement - once rumours that they are considering it started flying - was nerve wrecking. Was the NPA going to drop the charges or not, we held our breath.
Now we know. Whether we agree with this decision or not,we have to accept it. It is now a reality. Our legal processes allow for such decisions to be taken.
We must be grateful that when Mr Zuma takes office after April 22nd, he will do so unencumbered by a pending court case. He will be free to tackle the many challenges that our country faces.


* A link in my email box that I received from one of my teachers - Jeanette Maw. It was a link to a Newsweek's online version - Newsweek.com. This article(of 23/03/09), by Daniel Stone, was entitled "Selling The Silver Lining", and was about how 'there is a growing demand for positive news' in the USA. I just loved how he started this piece. He went:

"Is the glut of bad news getting you down. Not me. I've tapped into
into a growing number of outlets that produce nothing but positive
stories. And I am never going back."

MR Stone went on to write that he got tired of reading about all the negative news about the US economy. In fact, he was getting depressed by all this bad news. He then started to consciously search for more uplifting news stories. In this search he discovered that there are indeed news organizations that only report on good and positive happenings. Organizations like ODE.
Also, big US TV networks like NBC are starting to get in on the act. NBC is now inviting its viewers to submit positive news to be broadcast in its evening news.
Good news is also good for us, says Mr Stone:

"Studies show that having a calm and optimistic mind
can have health benefits, like lower blood pressure and
deeper sleep......which explains why good news is a pretty
hot commodity these days."

So, when all is said and done, the future is about focusing on what makes us
feel good.
The Feel Good Movement is on point, ladies and gentlemen.


* The arrival this week of my corporate uniform. It was about time. I had gone
for my measurements with the rest of my colleagues way back in 2008. But for some reason - an administrative hiccup - my uniform never arrived on time. Long after my colleagues got theirs I was still the odd one out, especially among the guys.
Needless to say, I was delighted by this arrival.
What I did not anticipate, though, was how happy for me, too, most of my colleagues will be.
The following day when I came to work wearing my corporate wear, compliments
just flowed and flowed. I was bowled over.
I must give my thanks to Erica - our Admin Manager - for pulling the strings initially, to get the corporate uniform conveyor belt moving for me again. This was after we realised that there was an unusual delay to my uniforms' arrival.
Much appreciation, too, to my lady colleagues who took time to say I look good
in my new corporate wear:

"Ausi Felicity. Kea leboha. Yes, the tie is in my bag."
"Thuli babe. Your 'ke montle jwang' statement was really nice. It took me back."
"Lisa and Sarah Beebs. I was pleasantly surprised by your noticing."
"Ncebi 'babes'. Loved your compliment."
"Ausi Cynthia. Ke itumetse tota Mma."
"Bessie. My sister, what can I say? Loved your telling the whole wide world that I
looked awesome."

Now me and Erica( who also got her corporate wear this week) can do the
corporate 'walk'.


THANK YOU UNIVERSE. THANK YOU FOR OUR 'FEEL GOOD MOMENTS'.


========================================


Our FEEL GOOD poem of the week:


NPA Or No NPA
_____________

NPA.
Or no NPA.
The sun will still shine tomorrow.
I still have my wonderful colleagues.
I still work for the best branch in the South.
NPA.
Or no NPA.
I still have my health.
I still have my family.
I still have my positive attitude.
NPA.
Or no NPA.
We still have 4 of our Nobel laureates.
"Ms Gordimer, Mr De Klerk, Madiba and the'Arch'.
We love you guys."
NPA or no NPA.
We still have our beautiful country.


=================================================


SO, SOUTH AFRICA AND THE WORLD OUT THERE, WHAT MADE YOU

FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?

Let us know at - feelgoodmovement@gmail.com
====================================


No comments: