WHAT MADE US FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?


Sunday, November 14, 2010

Suu Kyi's Release, Eskom's Bounce Back, And 'On The FGM Ts Sales Front - Part 12'

* News that Aung San Suu Kyi - the pro-democracy leader in Burma - has been released from house arrest.She was released yesterday by the junta that runs Burma(or Maynmar).
We are as delighted as the Burma people about her eventual release.
Ms Suu Kyi had been under house arrest on and off since 1990 when her party - the National League for Democracy - won the national elections in that country.The army had then ignored this result and had continued the running of the country like before.Suu Kyi was put under house arrest.
Since then Suu Kyi - who is a Mandela-like figure for the people of Burma - had sort to bring back democracy to her country by using peaceful means.And her efforts were recognised by no less than the Nobel Prize Committee which gave her the Nobel Peace Prize in 1991.
Her release is something to feel good about.It's something to shout about.


* Eskom - our electricity supplier - doing a reasonably good job in recovering after a power failure here in my 'kasi' - Protea North.
Our electricity went down this past Tuesday afternoon.For some reason only certain areas of the neighbourhood were affected.And I happen to live in one of these affected areas.
Needless to say,this schism in electrity supply led to all kinds of jokes.The residents of the 'lights on' areas said that we - in the 'dark areas' -don't pay our electricity bills.People also said that the dark and depressing days of 'load shedding' are back with a vengeance.
Our electricity did finally come back.The next morning.To Eskom's credit,even during the 'lights out' period one could tell that someone was working on the problem,because electricity would come back but only to immediately go off again.


* ON THE FGM Ts SALES FRONT - PART 12

It is getting easier and easier for me to approach people and pitch to them,I am finding out.No doubt this comes from doing this every day.More than this growing confidence,I am loving the way I am making friends.Before I started selling the t-shirts I used to be aware that,for example,a certain individual stays in my 'kasi' by being familiar with their face.And when we met we did not necessarily greet each other.But now - after I had 'cold called' them previously - when we meet we greet each other.Not only this,now I even know most of my 'kasi' residents by name.This is because when I make my sales pitch I first introduce myself and then go:

"Nna ke bua le mang?"

In some instances when I meet them again we don't even talk about my t-shirts.We talk about other things.This is how I have 'bumped' into people I share interests (like reading) with.

Even if we do not get to sell those 47 million t-shirts,personally I would have enjoyed this experience of getting to know people.And this - I swear - is not a cop out.


THANK YOU UNIVERSE.THANK YOU FOR OUR 'FEEL GOOD MOMENTS'.


=====================================


Our FEEL GOOD poem of the week:

Junta
______

You had had your time.
Had your fill.
Satiated,you are.
You had to do it junta.
It had been a long time.
20 years!
You had had your elections.
Your 'unfree' and unfair elections.
There was no need,
No need to keep her inside.
You had no choice junta.
Now the people of Maynmar,
Her two sons,
Like the rest of the world,
Are smiling.
It's no thanks to you junta.
It's thanks to the Maynmar people.
It's thanks to the world.


=================================


SO,SOUTH AFRICA AND THE WORLD OUT THERE,WHAT MADE YOU

FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?

Let us know at - feelgoodmovement@gmail.com
=====================================
Learn the Exact Formula
To Achieve Any Financial Goal
With Mathematical Certainty
From the gurus featured in "The Secret"

=====================================





No comments: