WHAT MADE US FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?


Monday, May 14, 2012

The DREAMS DO COME TRUE(DDCT) Tour - Part 4

It was my wish to have done another DDCT Tour presentation this week. In fact, my biggest wish is to do two of these per week. One at a high school and the other in a corporate setting.
   But the process of arranging these talks takes time, I am discovering. Much as I do tell my prospective audiences that the talks are done for free, it does still take some time for me to finally be given a go ahead. Just as an example, for me to eventually do the DDCT Talk at Altmont High School last week, I must have visited the school more than ten times as part of arranging this talk.
   Having said that, I do understand where the people in charge are coming from. There are a lot of snake oil salesmen out there. It is sometimes difficult to distinguish between the 'fly by nights' and the genuine articles.
   While I wait for the next 'Yes, you can come.', I am getting reminded daily of why I believe these DDCT Talks matter. In my 'walk abouts' here in my 'kasi'(Protea South), I 'bump' into some matric students from Altmont High School. And the enthusiasm with which they greet me is humbling. Their excitement as they call out, 'Hello TP', is heartening indeed. These guys may not tell me that they are now starting to set goals - as I advice them to do during the presentation - but from their greetings it does seem that my talk did touch something inside them.
   And it is because of such feedback that I will patiently wait. I will continue to pester the relevant 
people until I am allowed to address the next group of matric students.

                                                         ===========================


THANK YOU UNIVERSE. THANK YOU FOR OUR 'FEEL GOOD MOMENTS'.

                                                          ===========================

SO, SOUTH AFRICA AND THE WORLD OUT THERE, WHAT MADE YOU FEEL
GOOD THIS WEEK?

Let us know at - feelgoodmovement@gmail.com
=====================================




=====================================    

         



       

No comments: