WHAT MADE US FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?


Sunday, June 10, 2012

The DREAMS DO COME TRUE(DDCT) Tour - Part 5 (FNB, Johannesburg Branch)

Sometimes things don't go according to plan.
   My plan was to arrive on time for this DDCT Tour speaking gig at the Johannesburg branch of FNB. This time was 8.15am. But I didn't make it on time like I had wished. I was late. Not by 5 minutes(or 10 minutes), but by a whole 25 minutes.
   I take full responsibility for this cock-up. My estimation of how long it was going to take me to get to the Johannesburg CBD travelling by taxi was incorrect. I have not had to travel to the CBD in the mornings during the rush hour in a long time. In more than 3 years possibly. Three years ago it used to take me about 30 minutes(or so) to get to the JHB CBD from my 'kasi'(Protea North in Soweto) by taxi. On this particular morning of my DDCT Talk it took us 1 hour 15 minutes to arrive in the CBD. When I got off the taxi in Commissioner street the time was 8.40am. Our taxi having left Protea North around 7.15am.
   When I arrived at the branch I had decided already that the Talk was not going to take place because I had failed to arrive in time. If management and the staff chase me away, I was going to to understand. All I now wanted to do was to offer my sincere apologies and then go back home. 
This was least I could do.
   I did get a tongue lashing from management alright. But they were generous enough to still allow me to address the staff, which I found really humbling.  
   I did my best to condense my usually 25 minute long Talk into just 10 minutes.This was all that  was left of the original 30 minutes that I was allocated. This shorter version I hope still went some way towards motivating and inspiring the Jhb branch staff. As I left the branch we agreed with management that I will need to come back again to give a fuller version of my Talk.
   One thing I am taking from the Johannesburg branch though - in addition to their generosity - is to start my day with a prayer. Loved,loved,loved how the branch staff start their working day by saying the Lord's Prayer.


                                                  SOME THANK YOUs


Ausi Winnie(the branch manager) - For your understanding.
Bongani(Sales and Service Manager) - For pulling all the right strings to make this DDCT Talk happen.                         
The branch staff - for 'forgiving us our trespasses'.
Nomsa,Sammy & Thomas - for an interesting 'after Talk' discussion on poetry and places to go to for poetry sessions.                               
                                               =====================


THANK YOU UNIVERSE. THANK YOU FOR OUR 'FEEL GOOD MOMENTS'.

                                              ======================

SO, SOUTH AFRICA AND THE WORLD OUT THERE, WHAT MADE YOU FEEL
GOOD THIS WEEK?

Let us know at - feelgoodmovement@gmail.com
=====================================
Learn the Exact Formula




=====================================    



No comments: