WHAT MADE US FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?


Wednesday, March 5, 2014

FNB, Park Central. The DDCT Tour, Part 37 - Show Up No Matter What

   They say to wreck a reputation takes seconds, but to build it takes years. Something as simple as pitching up for a talk like you have promised, should not be underestimated.
   On this Wednesday of the FNB Park Central talk, it was raining cats and dogs in the true sense here in Johannesburg. This deluge of rain having started the previous night( Tuesday). Under these conditions the traffic going into the Johannesburg CBD is normally a nightmare. There was a real possibility that I would arrive late at my destination. Not only this, but that I would be soaking wet on arrival since I use taxis. All of the above would not help me at all in creating a good impression with my hosts.
So the thought of asking for today's talk to be postponed (or even cancelled) did cross my mind.
   But just as quickly, I dismissed this thought. My reputation for keeping my word was at stake here. Life has to go on despite the obstacles put in our way. I had given my word that I was was going to come, so I must indeed pitch up. Because, frankly, the host does not give a hoot about one having walk through the rain to make the appointment. All they want is the motivational talk that was promised.
   I did make it to Park Central on time almost. Wet shoes and all that. And the talk proceeded smoothly as per plan.

                                                      SOME THANK YOU's
- Ausi Thuli Yende( the Manager) - For the permission. And for buying a copy of our book(Feeling Good). Your plea to your staff for them to support budding local writers was very heartwarming. Much, much appreciated sisi.
- FNB staff( bo-Ausi Esther et al) - For warmly receiving me. Offers of coffee before the talk started were very humbling.

                                                     ====================


Our FEEL GOOD quote of the week:

"...the news in general is far too negative. It is very rarely
positive and when it is, it is usually relegated to a minor 
spot at the end of the broadcast or to precious few column inches.
There is so much good going on, fantastic achievements in every
corner of the world, but we don't hear about or focus on it - instead,
every night you can hear of famine, war, violence and crime."

Jack Black( from the book - MINDSTORE)

                                               ====================


THANK YOU UNIVERSE. THANK YOU FOR OUR 'FEEL GOOD MOMENTS'.

                                                  ===================

SO, SOUTH AFRICA AND THE WORLD OUT THERE, WHAT MADE YOU 

FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?    
          

                               

No comments: