WHAT MADE US FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?


Thursday, March 27, 2014

Nedbank, Park Station. The DDCT Tour, Part 40 - Run With the Bird in Hand

   The one in the bush can wait.
  On the morning I arrived at this branch to ask for a gig, I was awaiting a phone call from a manager of another  institution. He had promised to phone me before 12 midday that day to say if I can come and give a talk at his branch the next day(Thurs 27th).
   So when Nedbank Park Station  gave me a go ahead right away to do my talk the next day(27th March) as well, I had a dilemma. Do I run with this confirmed gig( bird in hand)? Or do I wait for that confirming phone call( bird in the bush), and postpone the Park Station one to a much later date( in 3 weeks time is when another window of opportunity will open here at Park Station, I was told)?
   For some reason, I decided to wait for that phone call after 12 noon. I think it was because I was more or less sure that it will come. I told Park Station that I will get back to them about giving the talk at their branch tomorrow. I was taking a fat chance here. I was being cavalier about hard to get gigs.
   Needless to say, the confirming call never came. I was then left with the unenviable task of scrambling to save the Park Station gig for tomorrow. Fortunately, Park Station management - in the form of Bra Nathan - were accommodating. They said I can still come.
   In retrospect though, it was a mistake to bank on a yet to be finalised gig( bird in the bush). Easily, I could have lost both birds because I dithered.

                                                      SOME THANK YOU's
- Bra Musa( the Manager) - For the initial OK.
- Bra Nathan( the 2nd in charge and my contact) - For putting in place the logistics for the gig. 
- Nedbank staff( bo-Godfrey, ausi Thandeka et al) - For the smiles. And the enthusiastic discussion about writing and publishing a book at the conclusion of the talk.

                                                    ===================

Our FEEL GOOD quote of the week:

"..the great and the accomplished got there by being 
positive. Yet to be positive in life often runs against the
prevailing tide. Generally the few positive people are 
scorned and laughed at."

Jack Black( from the book - MINDSTORE)

                                                 ======================


THANK YOU UNIVERSE. THANK YOU FOR OUR 'FEEL GOOD MOMENTS'.

                                                   ===================

SO, SOUTH AFRICA AND THE WORLD OUT THERE, WHAT MADE YOU 

FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?    
          


                          
      

No comments: