WHAT MADE US FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?


Friday, May 16, 2014

Class 12C, 10am. Reasoma High School, Protea North, Soweto. The DDCT Tour, Part 45 - Do You Really Love this Public Speaking Thing?

   Because if you do not, please stay away from the schools' environment.
The schools are like a cauldron for wanna-be public speakers. If you can survive this space with your love for public speaking still intact, then you will make an excellent public speaker in my opinion.
  I say that because there are several challenges that really test you when you venture into the schools. For starters, there is the sheer numerical size of matric students( my starting point in high schools). At Reasoma High, for example, there are nine(9) groupings of the 2014 Matric Class. Next, you may be required to give your talk in two successive periods sometimes, and later on in the same day you may have to give more talks. On any one day you may end up giving four talks in total. To be able to repeat more or less the same content four times in one day without tiring( and for free, by the way), you have to really love what you do.
  I thought I loved public speaking too. But this pace, plus indifferent audiences at times, made me seek some time out after a few talks. I needed to take a break from this hectic-ness. 
  But I will go back go back to the students. I just need a change of scene in the form of gigs in a different setting(corporate, for example). I believe this change of scene(and pace) will rekindle my passion for public speaking, especially of the motivational kind.
  Having said that, this last talk in the first series of Reasoma High talks ended on a good note. As I left the classroom, the 12C students sent me off with an F-G clap. A moving gesture, I thought.

                                                        SOME THANK YOU's 
- Ntate Sepuru( the Principal) - As below in Part 42
- Ma'am Rakibane - As below in Part 42
- Ma'am Moloi - As below in Part 42
- Class 12C matric students - For making me want to come back.

                                                  =======================

Our FEEL GOOD quote of the week:

"..positive thinkers prefer not to use the word 'problem' at all 
since the world itself implies difficulty, being stuck in some
unpleasant situation. They prefer to use the word 'challenge';
this has obvious positive connotations and its use brings an 
immediate sense of confidence that a solution is on the way."

Jack Black( from the book - MINDSTORE)

                                             ========================


THANK YOU UNIVERSE. THANK YOU FOR OUR 'FEEL GOOD MOMENTS'.

                                               ===================

SO, SOUTH AFRICA AND THE WORLD OUT THERE, WHAT MADE YOU 

FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?    
          
                                      



  
          
                          

No comments: