WHAT MADE US FEEL GOOD THIS WEEK?


Wednesday, March 17, 2010

8 Million Sketches Project And '6 Colours To Stand By' Campaign

* A hugely ambitious project by an artist named Jason Polan.Jason lives in New York
city.He has undertaken to draw a sketch of each person living in this city.All 8 million (or
so) of them.
This was reported in an article - "New York's Sketchy Details" - by James Bone that appeared
in the Sunday Times( 14/03/2008) newspaper's 'Lifestyle' supplement.
Since Jason started this project in 2008 he has done close to 10 000 sketches.And far from being daunted by this project he seems to be loving it.He was quoted as saying:

"It's a project I am getting enjoyment of as I
go along.I know I am not going to finish
but I am willing to work on it forever."

I found Jason's project highly inspiring.I saw some similarities to our own big project
here in The FGM.Our project is to make sure that 47 million South Africans each have
atleast one FGM t-shirt.The 47 million figure comes from the estimated number of the
South African population last year when we started this project.
To Mr Jason Polan we would like to say:

"Big up on your big dream my man.
And,yes,you will finish it.Because dreams do come true."



* A drive by the car manufacturer - MINI South Africa - to get Mzansi citizens excited
about our South Africaness in the the lead up to start of FIFA's World Cup 2010 here in June.
MINI have decided to focus on our national flag as symbol of this campaign.They have
named their campaign "6 Colours To Stand By".These are the colours of red,white,green,
yellow,blue and black that make up our national flag.
The company is giving away free side mirror covers made in the colours of our national flag
to SA car owners at all their dealerships, whilst stocks last.
I must admit that reading about this campaign in their print advert gave me goose bumps.A mental image of all South Africans showing our patriotism by wearing our flag,so to speak,was moving.
Let's all go and get our side mirror covers and - as MINI's campaign slogan goes -

"...raise the flag like it's never been raised before."


=================================


THANK YOU UNIVERSE.THANK YOU FOR OUR 'FEEL GOOD MOMENTS'.


================================


Our FEEL GOOD poem of the week:


Tell Me Yours
____________

What's your big dream?
Tell me.
And I will tell you about Mandela's.
I will also tell you about Gandhi's.
A free and democratic South Africa.
And an independent India.
Respectively.
What's your audacious project?
What's your mind boggling goal?
Tell me.
And I will tell you mine:
47 milliion FGM t's sold.
I will also tell you Jason Polan's one:
8 million sketches.
Tell me yours.
And I will tell you:'go for it'
Dreams do come true.
You know.
Just ask Mandela.
Ask Gandhi.
Tell me yours.


==================================================


SO,SOUTH AFRICA AND THE WORLD OUT THERE,WHAT MADE YOU

FEEL GOOD LAST WEEK?

Let us know at - feelgoodmovement@gmail.com
====================================
Learn the Exact Formula
To Achieve Any Financial Goal
With Mathematical Certainty
From the gurus featured in "The Secret"

====================================














No comments: